I actually had started my HTML education with my IRLS 504 foundations class and then continued by taking Intro to Information Technology with Trevor Smith. Both of these classes had prepared me for this week's assignment. I did, however, choose to refresh and broaden my understanding of HTML with the assigned lessons through W3Schools and Maricopa. I have been playing around on the CBT lessons website during my lunch hours for awhile now. I find that HTML like all other languages are easier the more you use them. I haven't been in the aformentioned classes for quite a while so a lot of the tags had been lost on me, but the minute I started reading, a lot of it came back. I still had this website bookmarked from my earlier classes and find this to be a useful resource when "messing around" with HTML. I always use Dreamweaver for my class assignments in SIRLS so a lot of what I have learned is by using the Dreamweaver GUI and then splitting the screen to see what the code is. I will often look at the source code for websites to see "how they did that". I love playing with HTML and I love it even more because I find that webpage creators like Dreamweaver will sometimes apply "unreasonable" formatting to my pages and knowing how to manipulate HTML has helped in fixing that more than once (particularly the "pre" tag.)
I'm excited to see what our website lesson will be next week.
Monday, July 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment