So either I have failed horribly on this week's assignment or I'm starting to catch on (or it was just an easy week) because I really didn't have any problems with the assignment this week. (safe a few very minor, easily remedided glitches) Admittedly, because this is a heavy homework week in my other class, I chose not to install the desktop on Ubuntu, but I have set a goal to do that next week just for the practice. Adding users and groups was a fairly easy task, I am interested and excited at the prospect of going in and changing permissions, I am hopeful that, that will be what next week is about. I enjoyed installing XWindow in ubuntu, I am appreciative of the simplicity of this desktop; my chief complaint would be that in Mozilla my keyboard seems to be highly sensitive so I have had to adapt with a very funny sort of "swooping in" hunting and pecking typing methodolgy that has caused those around me to exclaim, "What the he&& are you doing??!!??" I understand that this glitch is not unheard of and the remedy is can be a little more complicated than just dealin with it, so I have chosen to do just that.
I have found that the thrill of being able to "read" command line to be as exciting as it was to learn to read music. I love that when I look at a composition I can hear a song in my head and that when I look at my user permissions file I can automatically know things like who can read, write, execute, what groups they belong to. I look forward to the opportunity to delve deeper...
Monday, June 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment